Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Favorite Things: Winter Wardrobe

written by: Erin


I decided to mix it up a little and wear all my favorite pieces on the same day. I love to buy items that create an outfit when worn together as well as separate the individual pieces and pair with others I already own to spice up and expand my wardrobe. Photo day was a bit crazy. I even resorted to asking my dental hygienist to take a shot of my earrings because I just couldn’t get it right. 




I love Nordstrom Rack because I normally find designer pieces for a great price or even on sale. All the items above are from The Rack. I try to browse the store at least twice a month to see if anything new has hit the floor. 

Item 1: The camel leather jacket is such a spicy snag. It's an easy piece to throw on over most any top and get out the door. 

Item 2: The white tunic is so versatile and a go-to layering piece. I wear it under other jackets and cardigans as well as add a scarf if I'm feeling super sassy.

Item 3: The black rider pants are made by Joe's Jeans and they might be my most favorite pants ever. The color is basic and easily dressed up or down. I can wear with boots or flats. The kicker is they feel like pajamas, but look super cute. I'm obsessed, really. 





Item 4: Thanks to my sweet hygienist you get to lay eyes on my favorite accessory buy of the winter. These earrings are from Old Navy and cost me a whopping six bucks. I wear them all the time. I love the versatility of the gold/black combo and the design adds to most any outfit. In other news, it looks like I highlight my hair. I don't anymore, but I'm thankful for and didn't realize what natural dimension I have in my color. Normally, I don't take pictures of the side of my head...the things you observe when you start a blog!




I know, I'm up to five items, but I couldn't let you go without seeing all the pieces of the outfit! You know you would have been super bummed. These black and gold flats (I think I like neutrals, don't you?) are also from Nordstrom Rack and are the perfect shoe for almost any outfit. I wear them with denim, cords, and of course, the black skinnies. The gold zipper detail and bow are really what sold me. My winter wardrobe would have been incomplete without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment