Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

LIfegiving

Written by Kelly


Do you ever feel like your tank is running on empty?  Sometimes you just need a break from your everyday schedule and get a change of scenery.  That is exactly what I did last week.  Caroline was on Spring Break so I packed us up and headed south to spend the week at my mom’s.  

I had been feeling run down and just not myself so some rest and relaxation was exactly what I needed.  Here’s what my week looked like...

I laid in bed and slowly welcomed the day while my mom fixed breakfast for little one each morning.

via Food Network
I watched Giada, Ree and Ina cook up some mouthwatering food.


I picnicked at the park and strolled through gardens of azaleas.


I sipped on blackberry tea and ate hot popovers with strawberry butter at my favorite tea house.

I walked on the beach and watched dolphins swim in the ocean.


I enjoyed delicious meals planned and prepared by Mom, including my favorite fried chicken.

It was a week that totally refueled my tank and helped me to return to my real life feeling refreshed and renewed.  This past week breathed new life into me.  

This month we will be discussing the theme of life.  I’d love to know what breathes life into you when your tank is running low.  Please share in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I feel completely renewed and refreshed when I can get outdoors and connect with God enjoying His creation.

    Whether that means quiet time on the deck outside my house or a walk in the cool of the evening or a change of scenery excursion.

    Being able to get away from a schedule, dirty dishes and technology tends to help a lot also.

    Love this post! (and this blog)
    Thankful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete