Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Need Your Help

Written by Kelly


Ok so I'm learning that a lot of my friends know how to rock a grocery budget way better than I do.  Lately in conversation I've been sharing about this budget challenge hoping for someone to commiserate with me only to learn that so many others follow this budget routine already or have an even tighter budget.  I am not too proud to admit when I need help/advice.  

SO I am asking that all of you who read this blog to PLEASE share with me your favorite budget-friendly meals.  I'm talking recipes and ideas of what you eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Also, if you have any helpful tips of how you shop to maximize your budget please dish those as well.  I am all ears people!  I would love to be able to implement some of your tips & tricks these next two weeks as I finish out this challenge!

Seriously, don't be shy folks! Help a girl out!  I promise my family and my sanity will thank you! :)

5 comments:

  1. We use e-meals.com to plan meals and grocery lists because both of our schedules are insane. There's a budget option, too, that will plan meals around weekly specials. The meals are easy, Ella likes most of them, no one gets bored with the food, and the plan keeps us from buying a bunch of random items. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favorite budget friendly eating out plan: a pay-by-the-pound Chinese buffet. You can get one to-go box full of steamed veggies, grilled skewers, etc. for less than $10 and it's plenty for a family of 3. Another idea is Indian food b/c most dishes do not use meat. So yummy, healthy and inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lauren for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chili is our go-to cheap meal for winter time; plus I love that my crock pot does all of the work for me once the meat is browned :). I stock pile things I know we use when it's on sale or I find a good deal. For example, if I can get a great price on spaghetti sauce, I'll buy 6 jars at a time. Meat is another thing I never buy unless it's on sale then we practically buy out the store and freeze it. This has really helped us keep our weekly budget down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the EMEAL tip! i just signed up!

    ReplyDelete