Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Day in My Life

So the girls and I have decided to chronicle a day in each of our lives to give you a window into our worlds and what our daily lives look like.  Personally, I always love getting to be a fly on the wall in someone else's day and see what their schedule is and how they go about tackling what they have to do in a 24 hour period.

To start us off I hope you enjoy this glimpse into my world as a stay-at-home mom to a 4 yr old little lady.

A Day in Kelly's Life (Monday)

7:00 am Caroline wakes up and calls across the hall to our bedroom asking if she can get up.  (She's a rule follower!)  So I crawl out from my comfy covers and greet the day.  We snuggle on the couch for a little bit while she watches a show and I adjust to being awake.  

7:30 am Make coffee so my brain can start functioning and make breakfast for both of us.  After she eats she watches another show while I check email and glance through a few blogs I love.  

8:15 am I make David's lunch and pack up dinner for a couple in our small group that just had a baby.  David is going to deliver it on his lunch break since we share a car.  

8:30 am David leaves for work and I survey what house chore I want to tackle first.  Mondays are a work day around here.  I start with the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink then head to the bedroom to sort laundry.   There is loads of it!  

10:00 am Workout time.  I do my LiveFit workout with weights.  Today's target area is shoulders & abs and then run on the treadmill.  


11:30 am Lunch time!  We get hungry early around here!  I heat up a leftover turkey burger for Caroline and make one of my favorite salads for myself.
12:00 pm  We head outside to enjoy this warm spring-like weather.  I tackle some yard work and give Caroline rides in the wheelbarrow.  

1:30 pm I teach Caroline her math lesson for pre-school.  Today we are learning about pictographs.  We're graphing her favorite outside & inside winter activities, which is ironic on such a warm day.
2:30 pm Room Time for Caroline.  She plays in her room while I have some time to myself.  Now that she doesn't take naps anymore, room time allows me a little time to breathe and refuel for the rest of the day.  She really loves it too.  Most days she is singing songs and playing make believe.
3:30 pm We head back outside for some active play time.  Caroline rides her bike while I do my daily Bible reading and then she makes up a game for us to play chasing each other around the yard.  She adds so much fun & joy to my day!
4:00 pm It's time for me to finally shower and make myself look presentable before David gets home.  I like to look appealing when he walks through the door.

5:00 pm Time for dinner prep which is fairly easy tonight.  I heat up some pasta I had already prepared and put together a salad.
5:30 pm David arrives home and we have dinner as a family.  It's full of sharing details from our day and lots of hugs from Caroline.  (This is usually her tactic to avoid eating veggies)

6:00 pm David bathes Caroline while I clean up after dinner and put away clean laundry.  Then I finish getting her ready for bed and she and I cuddle and watch Curious George.

7:00 pm We have our evening devotion with Caroline.  David reads from her new book Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing.  We pray and then tuck her into bed with books and animals to keep her company.
8:00 pm I catch up on Downton Abbey because I missed it the night before.  I get frustrated because the webstream pauses every couple of minutes so its a very slow viewing but worth the effort!
9:30 pm David and I hang out and talk about our day.  It's nice to just have some time to chill together at the end of the day.

11:00 pm It's lights out and time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment