Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Day in My Life

A Day in Erin's Life (Thursday)


Most of my friends have the life I thought I always wanted. Though I long to be married, God made me adventurous and spontaneous and I enjoy the freedom to live that out most days. I love spending my days exploring my God-given interests and how I can be a redemptive part of society in how I live, work and play. I work for an entrepreneur and have the flexibility to create my schedule from day to day.  My days are never the same and as long as I’m fulfilling my responsibilities, I’m allowed to shape them however I deem best. There is no typical day, but here is one of them for you to see!

6:00AM: The alarm awakens me. I hate that sound. I’ll never like it and I set it a few minutes early so I can hit snooze once (maybe twice :)) and get the gumption to get out of bed to face the day.


6:30AM: Get a shower and get ready for the day! You might be thinking, hot rollers?! Yes. I love to curl my hair and, if time permits, I like to take my time getting ready. I usually listen to music to prepare my heart and gather my thoughts, but today I am traveling with Angela so we chat instead. Angela is my boss and owner of the company I work with, TBL Leadership Partners.

8:00AM: I leave the LaQuinta Suites in Cary, North Carolina and head to Starbucks. I am in meetings today, so I run over to grab coffee for everyone. I love the turkey bacon, egg-white and cheddar breakfast sandwich there too. I pick up one of those for myself as a small treat for breakfast.



9:00AM: I begin work meetings until lunch, but not without a delightful treat from a colleague, Krispy Kreme doughnuts! Steven (left) lives in China and Allan, in the Pacific Northwest. They have never experienced Krispy Kreme. Of course, no Krispy Kreme experience is complete without a hat. 


3:30PM: Meetings are over and all of the problems of the world were solved. Not so much, but we moved forward in the process at least. We worked through lunch to afford us the luxury to head out early. I am headed back to Charlotte and ready to sleep in my own bed after traveling for three days.


7:00PM: In addition to my work with TBL Leadership Partners, I am also enrolled in seminary at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte. Much of my time outside of work is spent reading gems like the one pictured below. Many nights I snuggle up with some peppermint tea and catch up on my reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment