Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting to Know Kelly

Written by Erin

Here's the final installment in our series introducing the ladies behind The Orchard House.


College shopping trips on our Daddy’s dimes and spontaneous road trips to the coast in her old green civic with Sara Evans most often as our music of choice are the essence of my friendship with Kelly. Many of my most fun and life-changing conversations happened either while looking for the perfect new outfit or heading down to Charleston from Columbia to experience a change of scenery from our hectic and sometimes dramatic college lives. 

Kelly is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. She is faithful and loyal and has gone to great lengths to encourage me through difficult seasons in my life. She opens the door of her home whenever I need a couple of days to get away and is always concerned with how to be intentional and love me well. 

Kelly’s depth and vulnerability draw me to open my heart to her because I am confident that, in her, I have a safe place to process all of life’s joys and sorrows. She genuinely would do anything in her power to come alongside me and ease my burden. 

Kelly is a forever friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment